Title: Business Applications Manager
Salary Range: 120k-150k
Location: Hybrid (3 days in/week) Torrance CA
Our client is looking for an experienced and talented technology professional to join to join our growing IT team at one of our Southern California locations. In this role you will be responsible for architecture, support, maintenance, deployment and enhancement of commercial off the shelf and custom-built software applications and technology solutions. Primary focus will be on our Salesforce based CRM deployment using Practifi but will extend to other areas, including the evaluation and identification of applications that may be leveraged to enable business processes.
This hands-on position requires solid technical background combined with a proven track record of delivering effective solutions in an integrated environment. To be successful in this role, candidates must possess a strong combination of technical, process, industry (specifically related to the needs of the marketing, operations, and customer support functions in a financial industry), and leadership skills. It is critical to maintain a productive partnership with the business teams to collaboratively develop and maintain product roadmaps, deliver quality solutions, and motivate the teams to provide outstanding service to users and customers.
A key focus for this role will be leading the ongoing development of our Salesforce based CRM deployment using Practifi. Working closely with other members of the IT Team as well as key functional process owners you will help in the support and development our Salesforce environment as well as other supporting processes and systems.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hands-on leader who enjoys working with internal customers at all levels and has executed roles as a Salesforce CRM owner in the past. Someone that is talented at identifying, communicating, and developing solutions and are adept at troubleshooting and quickly solving technical problems and providing technical solutions.
- Work with IT and business leadership and teams to build and execute the product roadmap for the CRM, Marketing Automation platforms, including sales, marketing and customer support process workflows, automation, and integrations.
- Contribute to the development of IT strategic plan and roadmap, assist with defining standards for applications, solutions, and systems.
- Coordinate and execute administrative functions for key systems, including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks. As well as support of user’s issues troubleshooting and resolution. Manage data feeds and other integrations with core systems. Establish and maintain new integrations as needed.
- Responsible for the continued successful operation of key business applications, integrations and tools, including making improvement recommendations for process and system usage that align with product capabilities and industry best practices.
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades.
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests.
- Work with our management team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities.
- Assist in training of new users and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization.
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors and the application development team.
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements.
- Manage multiple in-flight projects that have different timelines and may utilize different solutions.
- Hands-on development, testing and deployment of new solutions; maintenance and troubleshooting of existing solutions.
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues and propose solutions.
- Oversee technical aspects of the development and configuration performed by external vendors, ensuring the appropriate standards are adopted and implemented.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Technology, Computer Science, or related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in IT with 5 years of demonstrated solid performance in a role working with cross-functional teams (within IT and/or within the business) on enterprise-level or complex system implementations.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior experience as a Salesforce Administrator, Developer or Lead.
- Experience in standard and custom software development and out of the box system configuration and system implementation
- Highly proficient with Salesforce Lightning Financial Services Cloud, Outlook Integration (Lightning Sync and Inbox)
- APEX knowledge highly preferred.
- Development of custom objects within Salesforce.
- Experience with Visualforce, Force.com, third party integrations.
- Experience with API gateway integrations, and import / export to databases, report generation a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with CRM applications and relational database applications in financial services or RIAs.
- Experience leveraging and configuring AppExchange products to develop a solution.
- Knowledge of SQL, SOQL, EXCEL, JSON, ETL, and Salesforce release processes.
- Knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps preferred.
- Capable of interpreting business requirements into technical applications.
- Ability to create strong documentation and workflow diagrams.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication, effective listening and collaboration skills.
- Experience with product design, integrated testing, migrations and implementation/release processes
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience or knowledge of creating custom reports and dashboards within Salesforce platform.
- Experience working in Agile Methodology.
- Familiarity with analytics, database structures and technologies are a plus.
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Jira or other Agile Project Management Tools.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification Preferred