Employment Type: Permanent
Job Number: 27023
Compensation: 75k/year - 110k/year
Cloud System Administrator
Our client is in the Public Utilities sector and is seeking a talented Cloud System Administrator to join their expanding team. As a member of the Cloud Team, this position will be deploying servers, load balancers, network components, and all things cloud-related- within a hybrid environment.
· Developing, installing or supporting servers, workstations/peripheral equipment.
· Managing user accounts.
· Installing or supporting a variety of applications.
· Troubleshooting and resolving multiple hardware and software related issues.
· Writing scripts in an administrative language such as Tk, Perl, VBScript, etc.
· Using database management tools.
· Following and facilitating change management processes.
· Testing software or hardware related to enhancing, upgrading or new installations.
· Planning, constructing or altering programs to support performance tracking.
· Systems administration and maintenance.
· Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of infrastructure hardware and software.
· Network integration and protocols including TCP/IP.
· Data storage and communications.
· Local/distributed Networked computing environment concepts.
· Operating system commands and utilities.
· Set priorities and establish a systematic course of action to ensure accomplishment of objectives on time and within budget.
· Exercise creativity and imagination in approaching assignments.
· Deal with ambiguity making decisions with limited information.
· Quickly grasp new ideas and concepts.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with users to provide information and advice, meet their needs and achieve expected results.
· Work well within team and assist others with their assignments.
· Research and acquire knowledge of developing information technology trends & emerging technologies.
· Identify what issues need to be communicated and inform others.
· Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science or related discipline and two (2) years of professional experience a system administration role in a large corporate or industrial environment using Cloud technologies.
· Six (6) year combination of education, training and experience in installing, supporting, and maintaining servers network systems in a large corporate or industrial environment using Cloud technologies.
· Certifications in AWS, Azure, GCP or other Cloud technologies preferred.