Director Software Engineering
We are looking for a Director of Software Engineering who will direct and oversee development, release, and maintenance of software applications to deliver advanced technology solutions. This includes leading teams of in-house technical resources, external consultants, and third-party vendors who are responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing core business systems in collaboration with key business functions. This role is responsible for developing and managing strategies, budgets, policies, procedures, and architectural design standards that produce quality software products and services and support cloud infrastructure that run these services.
- Partners with Business Operations and Product teams to clearly understand the Business Value advocated by Product Roadmaps and develops a supporting Technology Roadmap and Strategy.
- Partners with Leadership to develop an annual budget plan that delivers the Product Roadmap and associated business value.
- Collaborates with Vendor Partners to develop and execute against a resource plan that supports an annual budget in a cost-effective manner.
- Collaborates with Business Operations and cross-functional technology partners to develop informed Product Delivery Schedules that serve as commitments to all internal and external stakeholders. The activity includes understanding the critical path of a program, mitigating risk, and resolving impediments to successful delivery.
- Develop and implement Best-In-Class software development practices/methodologies in support of architecture, coding, and quality assurance.
- Leads a cross-functional development team in the timely and cost-effective delivery of Best-In-Class products that exceed the needs of Business Operations and can meet future requirements with minimal investment.
- Maintains a dashboard of Key Performance Indicators tracking the efficacy of product delivery and the reliability of the supported production environment.
- Researches and advocates innovative technology approaches that drive dramatic increases in business value, reductions in Time to Build, and Total Cost of Ownership.
- Provides proactive leadership, coaching, clarity of direction and career growth development to associates in engineering organizations.
- Leverages influencing and negotiation skills across Technology and the enterprise to achieve business goals, cost-effective and innovative shared solutions.
- 8+ years experience managing a networking-related software engineering team
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Expertise in networking and distributed systems
- Experience in network-wide analytics/design tools, control systems (SDN) for large-scale networks, and/or orchestration automation
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management and managing engineers
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Communications experience
- Working knowledge of Agile development methods such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFe.
- Proven track record of delivering horizontally scalable solutions using modern devops practices.