Employment Type: Permanent
Job Number: 27023
Compensation: 55k/year - 65k/year
Title: IT Field Support
Job summary: Responsible for handling level two operations. Support and maintain computer systems, mobile devices, and all peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The technician will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required. Support escalations relating to hardware, software, and field networking issues.
Essential duties and responsibilities: Works with IT team to insure reliable performance of Infrastructure in a 24/7/365 environment.
· Responsible for Tier 2 software and hardware support.
· Receives and logs all customer interactions for Incidents and Requests.
· Conduct training classes for district personnel on use of hardware/software when needed.
· Identify when escalation of incidents to higher level of technical support professionals when necessary.
· Create documentation when needed to handoff to Tier 1 for knowledge base.
· Knowledge and troubleshooting Microsoft products. (Windows 10 and above Office 365, as well as, Server 2018 and above)
· Participate as a project team member on approved projects as assigned.
· Set up and maintenance of Active Directory accounts.
· Able to travel if required.
Computer skills: Microsoft Server Products, IP Networking, Active Directory, VMWare, VMWare Horizon View, Storage Arrays, Disaster Recovery, Veeam, Cloud Infrastructure (Azure), PC Hardware, Server Hardware
Education and/or experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field or equivalent work experience.
· Industry standard certifications (A+, Network+, MCITP, CCNA, ITILv3/v4) preferred.