Employment Type: Permanent
Job Number: 27023
Compensation: 225k/year - 275k/year
Head of Data Science/Bioinformatics
At Stellaromics Inc., a trailblazer in 3D in situ multi-omic analysis, we are seeking a Sr. Director of Data Science/Bioinformatics. This role will be instrumental in leveraging our industry-leading STARmap technology and Plexa suite, driving innovation and advancing our mission to empower a brighter biomedical future.
· Work effectively with the executive team to advance the company’s mission as a team by providing clear, forward-thinking leadership in data science/computational biology.
· Develop and execute an over-arching data science strategy for the company, emphasizing the delivery of cutting edge 3D spatial biology technology to the scientific community
· Drive the design and development of data analysis pipelines, capitalizing on our proprietary technologies for high-resolution, 3D multi-omic data analysis.
· Implement machine learning and AI to extract insights from spatially resolved data, enhancing the functionality of our Plexa platform
· Oversee data quality and pipeline development, ensuring they meet customer needs and support Stellaromics' product offerings.
· Champion the expansion of data science capabilities, fostering innovation and supporting new product development.
· Recruit, mentor, and lead a high-performing team, with a focus on spatial biology and multi-omic data analysis.
· PhD in Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Physics, or a related field with an emphasis on spatial biology.
· 10+ years in data science or bioinformatics leadership, with experience in spatial biology or multi-omic analysis.
· 5+ years of experience managing a team, with a focus on data science and engineering within the spatial biology domain.
· Proven track record in high-performance computing, next-gen sequencing, and machine learning, with applications in spatial biology.
· Expertise in spatial transcriptomics, proteomics, or other emerging 'omics technologies.
· Strong programming skills in Python, R, C/C++, Java, Bash, and familiarity with Unix/Linux environments.
· Experience with cloud-based infrastructures, particularly AWS.
· Strategic thinker capable of developing innovative solutions.
· Proven leadership, able to manage and inspire a team.
· Clear and effective communicator at all levels.
· Process-driven, organized, and results-oriented.
· Optimistic, enthusiastic, and resourceful.
Stellaromics offers a competitive compensation and equity package, and relocation assistance to join us at our Boston headquarters