Title: Network Engineer
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Network Engineer responsible for the onsite IT infrastructure. This includes the monitoring, maintenance, optimization, and programming of the network, its switches, communication racks, and cabling. Duties include managing Windows-based servers, cloud-based servers, and supporting IT Helpdesk ticket resolution.
- Continuously monitor and analyze network performance metrics to proactively identify bottlenecks and areas for optimization.
- Implement network monitoring tools to detect anomalies in real-time and automate the troubleshooting process.
- Troubleshoot and maintain wired and wireless Networks, and associated hardware.
- Regularly update firmware and software patches on network devices to enhance security and performance.
- Create a comprehensive inventory system to track the lifecycle of networking hardware and plan for timely replacements within the plant and perform cost-benefit analysis for proposed hardware upgrades and replacements to justify investment decisions.
- Maintain surveillance of networking hardware to affect improvements in the operation of any of the processes or systems in the plant, including upgrading of reliability, improvements in process consistency, cost reduction etc.
- Implement security best practices during configuration, such as implementing access controls and segmentation to enhance network security.
- Establish a knowledge base or self-help portal for manufacturing personnel to quickly address software-related issues independently.
- Integrate safety training and guidelines into network maintenance procedures to promote a safety-first culture.
- Support management efforts to maintain a non-union work environment.
- Stay informed about evolving legal and compliance regulations related to network operations and ensure full adherence.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or Industrial Engineering preferred) and three (3) years of experience in an manufacturing/industrial setting.
- Carry industry recognized Network certificates (Network+, CCNA, CCNP) preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of routing protocols, WAN/LAN, including DHCP, DNS, NAT, VPN, Switching, Mesh & wireless networks
- Palo Alto firewall and Panorama experience is a plus.
- Experience with network tools such as SolarWinds (NPM, NTA, IPAM), PRTG, OPSRamp or Wireshark
- Have a strong understanding of infrastructure, both physical and virtual.
- Experience in cyber security devices and protocols.
- Experience programming network switches and other network devices.
- Understand and design subnets.
- Project management experience is a plus.