System Administrator Senior - Linux/Unix
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Linux/Unix System Administrator to join our team. As a Senior System Administrator, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of our Linux/Unix infrastructure. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the smooth operation of our systems and provide technical expertise and support. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in Linux/Unix administration, excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Plans, assigns, schedules, monitors, reviews and leads the work of others.
- Provides consultative services to users to enhance proposed business solutions and to help determine the best course of action.
- Conducts server builds, creates and applies application patches, release upgrades and other deployment methods and modifications to server operating system hardware and software.
- Performs or ensures system administration tasks, including adding and removing users, user groups and accounts; manages authentication, authorization, and access control.
- Plans for re-engineering of existing systems, replacing inadequate systems and system expansion. Analyzes, diagnoses, troubleshoots and resolves system hardware, software, network and production issues.
- Monitors and manages hardware and software system resources, including server performance, system and capacity trending analysis, CPU usage, disk usage, backup systems, and response times to maintain operating efficiency.
- Writes or modifies basic scripts and performs light programming to resolve performance problems and automate systems administration tasks.
- Resolves escalated problems and identifies and recommends responses to new or unusual situations.
- Ensures system documentation and logs are maintained and procedures are documented.
- Documents procedures, including drawings and standardized images to illustrate applications server hardware, software and network configuration and automated deployments.
- Performs site preparation and/or equipment removal and data mitigation tasks for new hardware and software installations and user upgrades or moves.
- Ensures that plans and procedures for operating under both normal and emergency conditions are accurate, appropriate and up-to-date.
- Assists in disaster recovery testing as System Administrator subject matter expert
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Relevant certifications (e.g., RHCE, LPIC, or UNIX certification) are a plus.
- Proven experience as a Linux/Unix System Administrator, with a minimum of 5 years in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris, etc.) and related technologies.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, protocols, and services (TCP/IP, VLANs, routing, firewall, VPN).
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Perl, Python) for automation and system administration tasks.
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g., VMware, KVM) and cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef) and version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Solid knowledge of security best practices and experience implementing and managing security measures (firewalls, access controls, encryption).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot complex system issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.